Nominations will open June 1, 2022 for Profound Impact’sTM Impactful Actions Award. The Impactful Actions Award is an annual awards program recognizing leaders from around the world who are making a profound impact on the global community by inspiring collaborative solutions to difficult problems. This program brings together two of Profound Impact’s core values: open collaboration and making a positive impact.
The winner will be announced annually on September 14th, Profound Impact Day, which is a celebration of the world’s diverse leaders and changemakers who are leaving their mark on the global community through their initiatives, influence, and impact.
To meet the judging criteria for the Impactful Actions Award, the Nominee must:
- Significantly contribute to the area(s) of leadership, mentoring, gender equality and inclusiveness, academic excellence, or research;
- Be a living person over the age of 18 years old;
- Have achieved professional recognition in their field of study or expertise;
- Exemplify the core values of open collaboration and positive impact;
- Demonstrate innovative ideas or actions for solving challenging problems with the scalable potential for global impact.
Key dates in this annual award cycle for 2022 include:
- JUNE 1 – Award nominations open
- JULY 20 – Award nominations close (nominations will be accepted until 11:59 PM ET)
- AUGUST 15 – Three finalists selected and notified
- SEPTEMBER 14 – Winner honoured on Profound Impact Day
The top 3 finalists will be profiled in early September in Profound Impact’s newsletter. The award winner will be recognized on Profound Impact Day and a donation to their charity of choice will be made by Profound Impact Corporation.
Dr. Feridun Hamdullahpur was the inaugural recipient of the Award in 2021. Dr. Hamdullahpur is the former President & Vice Chancellor and Professor of Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering at the University of Waterloo. He was selected for the impact he has made on university education, research and scholarship in our broader society through constant reform and innovation in the higher education sector, in addition to his involvement in the United Nations’ HeForShe initiative to take action on gender inequality.
If you have questions about the Impactful Actions Award, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nominator must contact the Nominee(s) to inform them of their Nomination. Nominee(s) has the right to decline to be nominated, in which case, no nomination should be submitted. Self-nominations are accepted for this award. The nomination submission must be completed using the online nomination form, available June 1st, 2022.