Industry – Research Collaboration Webinars
Profound Impact is excited to announce our participation in two CS-CAN webinars for a discussion on new strategies for matching funding and researchers. The webinar series will run in two parts on March 24, 2023 and April 20, 2023.
Webinar #1 – March 24, 2023 – View the recording here
Industry – Research Collaboration: Benefits and Challenges
Connections between industry, colleges and universities are vital as researchers seek industry partners for federally and provincially-funded research programs and industry looks to researchers for insight into long-term research directions as strategic development road maps are developed.
This webinar will discuss the benefits of collaboration to researchers, students and industry partners as well as the challenges in identifying potential partners and developing collaborative agreements.
This webinar features:
- Emily Gordon, Advisor, Business Development at Mitacs
- Camelia Nunez, Manager of Operations at the Lazaridis Institute at Wilfrid Laurier University
- Ig Kolenko, Executive Director at the Smart Manufacturing and Advanced Recycling Technologies (SMART) Centre at Conestoga College
Webinar #2 – April 20, 2023, 3:00 PM EST – View the recording here
Industry – Research Collaboration: Best Practices and Tools for Success
What makes an industry-researcher collaboration a success?
Hear from the experts:
- Vio Onut, Principal R&D Strategist at the Centre for Advanced Studies (CAS) at IBM Canada and Adjunct Professor at University of Ottawa;
- Jennifer Moles, Director, R&D Collaboration and Commercialization Ontario Centre of Innovation (OCI)
- George Shaker, Principal Scientist and Head of Research at Spark Technology Labs (STL).
- Brian Romansky of Profound Impact demonstrates the Research Impact matching tool.
You can view both webinars with this playlist on Youtube!